Dermal fillers are used to reduce the facial lines and restore the fullness and volume of the face. As you get older, your face loses its subcutaneous fat. The muscles of the face get closer to the surface of the skin as a result; crow’s feet and smile line become more prominent and apparent.
What damages facial skin?
As you grow older, the skin of your face tends to lose its natural beauty. On top of that various other factors contribute to the damage of facial skins. Here are some of those factors that cause real harm to your skin:
• Genetic predisposition
• Dramatic and sudden change in body weight
• Emotional stress
• If the skin gets exposed to extreme climatic conditions like cold temperature, chronic sun, and wind
All these factors together or individually contribute towards premature aging of the facial skin, and this is where these fillers come into the picture. This is a blessing of cosmetic technology which is helping woman in regaining their cosmetic look.
How long do they last?
This is one of the most important questions which need to be answered. The longevity depends on the type of filter which has been used and the area of the face where it has been injected. For example, Perlane, Juvederm, Belotero and Restylane are hyaluronic fillers. These fillers are used to smooth the wrinkles and fine lines. These fillers last for a period of 6 months to 9 months.
Are there any side effects?
There are certain side effects which can be associated with these fillers is not done under the guidance of any expert or any renowned cosmetic care center. Some of them are listed here.
• Draining or Open Wounds
• Allergic Reactions
• The spot where it was injected might experience irritation.
• It might cause Necrosis, which is nothing but death of tissues.
• Infection is one very common phenomenon when it comes to the side effects.
• There can be raised bumps under or in the skin (granulomas or nodules) which might have to be removed with the help of surgery.
Using these fillers to fill in the facial lines which develops and gets prominent with age has become very popular. These fillers though have some side effects; however, they tend to go away after a certain point of time and the effect lasts relatively longer.